- 1/2 Can of Black Beans
- 1/3 Can of Corn
- 3 Cups of Bread Crumbs/ 3 Pieces of Bread
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Garlic Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Hot-Sauce
- 1 Teaspoon of Oregano
- Pour the black beans and crack an egg into a bowl. Mush the beans until they are a thick paste. There may be a few beans that wont mash. That is okay.
- Put your three pieces of bread in the freezer. That will make them easier to crumble when they are needed.
- After mushing the beans add your corn, salt, garlic salt, oregano, and hot sauce to the mixture.
- Take the bread out of the freezer. It should be much easier to crumble. When done crumbling the bread should look like the picture below. For better quality peel the edges of the bread off.
6. Oil your pan and turn your stove to 800 watts (or medium high for gas stoves)
7. Scoop a patty sized amount of mix on the pan.
8. You will know the patty is ready to flip when the bottom side looks like it is solidifying. It is okay if you burger falls apart a little bit. When you put the patty on bread it will keep it together.
9. When both sides are done you have finished your burger.
10. Then you may add the traditional add-ons, like bread, cheese, mayonnaise , ketchup, lettuce and tomatoes.
Picture credits: http://www.teacher-chef.com/2012/06/17/black-bean-burgers/